New Zealand, an English speaking nation, is famous for its amazing scenery, its sporting achievements with the All Blacks and the America’s Cup, and its hospitable people. It is a great country, a fun place to visit and is increasingly being recognised for its excellent study opportunities.
New Zealanders are well travelled and have a great interest in people from other cultures, so visitors and international students soon feel more than welcome. Ask any student who has studied in New Zealand.
Campuses are very international with students from all corners of the globe, studying and socialising together. And where do they come from? – Europe, USA, Asia, United Kingdom, South America, India, Australia, The Pacific and smaller numbers from many other countries.
The people were formerly a mix of predominantly European and Pacific races. However, in more recent times, migration has been encouraged from many countries resulting in an exciting international community with a high tolerance of, and interest in, each other’ cultures. With a total population of only 4 million there is a feeling of space and freedom.
Universities prefer applicants with very good academic background and decent scores in TOEFL or IELTS for admission Postgraduate and Masters Programmes may vary between Faculties. For postgraduate applications where the student will be undertaking a thesis, a research proposal will be required.
Pre-Degree-Diploma & Undergraduate Degree:
- IELTS (Academic) score – Overall score of 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 or overall 5.5 with no band less than 5.0
- Paper-based – total score of 550 with minimum of 4.0 in Test of Written English (TWE) or
- Computer-based – total score of 213 with minimum Essay rating of 4.0 or
- Internet-based – total score of 80
- IELTS (Academic) score – Overall band score of 6.5 & band score of 6.0 in each bands
- Paper-based – total score of 575 with minimum of 4.5 in Test of Written English (TWE) or
- Computer-based – total score of 233 with minimum Essay rating of 4.5 or
- Internet-based – total score of 90
- Minimum of 48% academic with no more than 3 to 4 years of education gap having really sound financial background, i.e. 12 to 15 lakhs bank balance since last 3 to 6 months with an education loan from any bank (preferable banks are Nabil or SBI) can apply to New Zealand.
- Three year bachelor can apply for L7 or L8 and also take the dependent along with.(Note: student with dependent can apply for L8.)
- IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/CAE one of these are accepted.
- IELTS 6.0 can apply for Nursing or health related programs.